Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Rehabilitation Through The Arts and Kernochan Center for Law, Media and the Arts at Columbia Law School, in collaboration with California Lawyers for the Arts and Center for Institutional & Social Change at Columbia Law School will host the New York Art for Justice Forum at Columbia University on November 16, 2018.
The Forum will explore the role of the arts in addressing mass incarceration and criminal justice reform in three areas: Youth, Arts in Prison and Arts in Community.
Panelists and breakout facilitators will include legislators, thought leaders, and practitioners from the arts, advocacy, and corrections. The event will culminate with an art exhibition and reception.
- Anthony Annucci, Acting Commissioner, NYS Department of Corrections (Keynote)
- JoAnne Page, Executive Director, The Fortune Society
- Vincent Schiraldi, Senior Research Scientist, Columbia School of Social Work
- Liza Jessie Peterson, Playwright, actor, poet
- Tommy Demenkoff, Director of Adult Programming, NYC Department of Correction
- Caits Meissner, Prison Program Manager, PEN America
The New York Art for Justice Forum is funded by the Art for Justice Fund, the Andy Warhol Foundation and Quentin Hancock Fund.